- Click here for a website where the NPCA has information for returning PCVs. There is a Facebook page link on that website where RPCVs can connect with the evacuated PCVs. Our notice will also be posted on the Facebook page. Also, here is another website with information from Peace Corps.
- NPCA has a Benevolent Fund that assists members of the Peace Corps community who are overcoming acute hardship, including health issues related to their Peace Corps service and housing, and connects them to resources to help find solutions. Click here to donate. One idea to discuss at our virtual meeting is for our group to match the funds donated by our members, or we can just donate a set amount. Other ideas welcome!
- NPCA is already encouraging advocacy efforts to support the returnees AND to ensure that Peace Corps will continue to operate once the pandemic has passed. Click here for more information and to advocate!
To all the Peace Corps volunteers who are being evacuated to northeastern New York due to COVID-19: we welcome you to reach out to a community eager to support you in your transition home—the Returned Peace Corps Volunteers of Northeastern New York (RPCVs of NENY).
We know that it can be emotionally stressful to return to the United States, especially when your service ends abruptly without time even for goodbyes. Please reach out to us at email@example.com or through our Facebook page.
Please join our virtual meeting through Zoom on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 7 p.m. EST, focusing on the recent evacuation of PCVs and how our community can help. This is will an ideal opportunity to introduce yourself to our group, share about your recent service, and tell us about your current plans and needs. Members of our group may know regional and local resources and could advise you on your next steps. See below for information on how to join the Zoom meeting.
Again, please reach out to our group! We are here for you! All the best, Renée St. Jacques, President, RPCVs of NENY (Cameroon PCV 2014-2016)
Here is your Zoom meeting information for March 31 at 7 pm ET for two hours. Please use the link below to check-in at the time of your meeting:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 228 218 670
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US
+1 301 715 8592 US
Meeting ID: 228 218 670
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/ab1yWoBGe
Here are some tips for you and your participants:
You may join the meeting in any of the following ways. Note that no login is necessary.
- Computer:simply click the link, use the Zoom app or go here, click on “join a meeting” and enter the “Meeting ID” provided.
- Smart Phone: simply click the link or go to the Zoom app, click on “join a meeting” and enter the “Meeting ID” provided.
- Phone: use the call-in number and meeting ID provided.
If you are new to Zoom, when you click the link, you will be prompted to download the Zoom software. Once you download the software, please test your audio connection.